Hours & Contact Information
The Patricia D. Klingenstein Library is open by appointment only, Wednesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your research project and set up an appointment. If you have a reference question that does not require an onsite visit, contact us at email@example.com.
Digital Collections are always available for research remotely at digitalcollections.nyhistory.org.
- As part of New York City’s Key to NYC program, all visitors to the New-York Historical Society are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Upon entering the building researchers must show proof that they have received at least one vaccination dose with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization and a matching photo ID. Proof of vaccination may include a valid paper vaccination record, a photo of a valid vaccination record, the NYC COVID Safe App, or the New York State Excelsior Pass.
- All researchers must check in on the first floor before proceeding to the reading room on the second floor.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the reading room and social distance maintained.
- Research is by appointment only and limited to those who have identified collections unique to the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library.
- Appointments must be made, and collection requests submitted, at least 5 business days before arrival.
- All researchers must abide by the Library’s security and handling guidelines.
Your care and support help us to maintain our collections for future generations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Reproductions and Photocopying
The library encourages researchers to use hand held cameras to capture images of library collections for later reference. All photography must be done in accordance with the library's photography guidelines. All photocopying is done by the library staff. The charge for letter and legal size copies is 50 cents. Ledger size copies are $1.00. There is a limit of twenty photocopies per person per day (not including prints from microfilm), and no photocopying is done after 4:00 pm. Copying from microfilm is self-serve, at the cost of 35 cents per page. Photocopies made by the library as well as photographs taken by researchers are intended for reference purposes only and may not be reproduced or sold in any form. Those desiring photographic reproductions of library materials or permission to reproduce such images should contact the Department of Rights & Reproductions directly.