Hours & Contact Information
The Museum and Patricia D. Klingenstein Library are open with safety protocols in place for visitors and staff. See policies for Library visits below.
By appointment only during the hours below—read details below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday and Friday: 10 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
Digital Collections are always available for research remotely at digitalcollections.nyhistory.org.
In order to protect the health of staff and researchers, the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library has implemented the following temporary policies. Please note that the Library’s security and handling policies are still in effect.
- The Library’s hours are Thursday and Friday, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm, and Saturday, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Research will be by appointment only, with a limited number of seats available daily for those who have identified collections unique to the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library.
- Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your research project and set up an appointment.
- Appointments must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Please be advised that New York State requires travelers arriving from certain states to quarantine upon arrival in New York for 14 days. Researchers planning to visit the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library should factor these requirements into their schedule, prior to requesting an appointment.
- All researchers must check in at the Visitor Services desk on the first floor before proceeding to the Library’s reading room.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the reading room and social distance maintained. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available in the reading room.
- All visitors to the reading room must abide by the Library’s security and handling guidelines.
Your care and support help us to maintain our collections for future generations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Reproductions and Photocopying
The library encourages researchers to use hand held cameras to capture images of library collections for later reference. All photography must be done in accordance with the library's photography guidelines. All photocopying is done by the library staff. The charge for letter and legal size copies is 50 cents. Ledger size copies are $1.00. There is a limit of twenty photocopies per person per day (not including prints from microfilm), and no photocopying is done after 4:00 pm. Copying from microfilm is self-serve, at the cost of 35 cents per page. Photocopies made by the library as well as photographs taken by researchers are intended for reference purposes only and may not be reproduced or sold in any form. Those desiring photographic reproductions of library materials or permission to reproduce such images should contact the Department of Rights & Reproductions directly.